Aaron Tews – Kinesiologist
Kinesiologist at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA
BSc. Kin, CPT, RK, FMS, BCRPA Trainer of Trainers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aaron graduated from the University of Victoria with a BSc. Kinesiology in 1993 with a focus in Neural Physiology. After graduating he immediately started his company VIP (Vancouver Island Professional) Fitness which focused on active rehab, personal training and teaching BCRPA certification courses. In 2007, he started Infocus Wellness Inc. and began working with other businesses to open facilities in B.C. He decided to open a facility focusing on Active Rehabilitation, Personal Training and Fitness Education. He decided to name the facility KINESIOLOGISTS.CA and locate the facility in Kitsilano (Vancouver). He has since expanded into Langley, Surrey and East Vancouver.
His certification, memberships and accomplishments (past and present) include:
- Currently re-certifying in the E.P.I.C. Lift and F.C.E (Functional Capacity Evaluation) certifications.
- Active member of the BCAK (British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists) since 1997;
- Member of BCRPA (British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association) as a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Certified Trainer of Trainers for the BCRPA since 1995 in the following courses:
- Fitness Theory Course
- Weight Training Specialty Module
- Group Fitness Specialty Module
- Personal Trainer Course
- Has written and regularly presents many courses and workshops in the area of health and wellness.
- Wrote the first provincially accepted correspondence course for Resistance Training in the province of British Columbia.;
- Previously a certified instructor for the CPAFLA (Canadian Physical Activity, Fitness & Lifestyle Appraisal) course;
- Certified in Gray Cook’s Functional Movement Screen (FMS) since 2010;
- Is the author of 2 commercially published books:
- “A Professional Guide to Resistance Training: An Instructor Handbook ” 2005
- “My Training Journal” 2012.
Active Rehabilitation / Kinesiology
Fitness Testing and Body Fat Assessments (Skinfold Clip Technique)