BCRPA Supervisor of Fitness Leaders (SFL)
SFL Course, Langley by Aaron Tews (April 8 2015): http://kinesiologists.ca/wp/bcrpa-weight-personal-training-ice-workshop/
SFLs are generally fitness professionals who have responsibility for overseeing a team of fitness leaders. They are often Fitness Programmers or Managers at fitness facilities and are in a position to hire fitness leaders for their facilities.
SFLs are able to:
- Perform ICE evaluations to verify the practical competence of new fitness leaders
- Present workshops in their area(s) of expertise and grant BCRPA CECs (continuing education credits)
- Current BCRPA registration (out of province registration will be reviewed and assessed on an individual basis)
- Current First Aid (current within 2 years of issue date) and CPR (current within 1 year of issue date)
- Resume of practical experience detailing 30 hours of recent supervisory experience as well as 70 hours of on-floor instruction in specialty module
- Recognized Supervisors course from an established university, college or business school (i.e. Justice Institute, Community College)
- Instructional Competency Evaluation (ICE) Workshop. Contact the BCRPA office for registration procedures.
- Shadow ICE (the shadow ICE will be explained during the ICE workshop)
- Note: For a shadow ICE you will need to contact a current ICE evaluator. If you are already an SFL or TFL in another practical module (i.e. weight training) you won’t need to shadow but you will have to perform a mock ICE which will be explained during the ICE workshop.
- Two reference letters (current within 1 year) from a Supervisor or Manager/Owner of a fitness facility indicating competencies
SFL Application Forms
To see the requirements to become a registered SFL, please see the application form associated with the specific specialty area: