ICBC Insurance Claims
Active Rehab Services (ICBC & Private Insurance)
Following an initial assessment (see Intake Process below), an individualized program plan is developed. Each program is developed to consider both the nature of the injury and the occupational and leisure requirements of the individual. Each program will actively address balance, posture and stability limitations with educational, progressive exercise prescription that delivers the knowledge and techniques needed for the individual to reduce pain and restore standard of living to the best of their ability.
During the active rehab sessions (ICBC, Private), clients will be taught to perform their program’s exercises independently of the kinesiologist. The number of sessions required to develop this independence will depend on the severity of injury. At discharge, the client is provided with exercises that address their posture, range of motion and strength requirements, furthering progress toward normal daily living.
Question: “Where can I find more information about treatment allowed regarding my injury due to an ICBC claim?” Answer: Here is a link to the ICBC website: click here
We do require certain information prior to your first session to ensure all is approved in advance, so please give us a call at 604-372-3233 to book an appointment.
KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Intake Process:
Following an initial assessment, our recommendations are provided as to the number of session and plan of action for approval. Our initial assessment includes:
- Obtain information on medical history and treatments since accident.
- Subjective measures including perceived limitations (OSWESTRY, Neck Disability Index), goals, work status, etc
- Pre-test screening (heart rate and blood pressure, weight, etc)
- Specific Movement Screens (several based upon FMS protocols)
- Various range of motion testing
- Quantitative measures which may include isometric strength, muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance.
Once the sessions are approved, an individualized program plan is developed. Each program is developed to consider both the nature of the injury and the occupational and leisure requirements of the individual. During exercise sessions, clients will be taught to perform their program’s exercises independently of the kinesiologist. The number of sessions required to develop this independence will depend on the severity of injury.
The following are our FAQs.
Question: “How many active rehab sessions does ICBC or my private insurance company pay for?”
Answer: Every client’s situation is different. Following KINESIOLOGISTS.CA’s initial assessment, we can make a recommendation as to the number of sessions.
Question: “Do I have to pay for the sessions?”
Answer: In most cases, the answer is no. At KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studios, we bill directly to ICBC or private insurance companies. There is a nominal user fee of $9 per session (currently) to cover the difference between the ICBC rate and our rate.
Question: “How long before I can start with active rehab?”
Answer: In most cases, KINESIOLOGISTS.CA will schedule the initial assessment within a few days of your request.
Question: “What does KINESIOLOGISTS.CA require prior to scheduling an initial assessment to get started?”
Answer: At the KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studios, we require:
- A doctor’s note recommending active rehab or sessions with a kinesiologist
- Approval from your Case Manager
- Claim # (we can obtain this information from your lawyer if you do not have it)
- Name of your Case Manager
- Lawyer or Law Firm your are using (if applicable)
- Date of accident / injury
- Type of treatment since accident (i.e. Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Massage, etc)
Question: “Could you contact me about getting started?”
Answer: Yes, we can. Simply fill out the online form at this link and we will call you usually within 24 hours: Complete Online Form
Question: “Where can I find more information about treatment on the ICBC website?”
Answer: Here is a link to the ICBC website: Click Here
Please call or email if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment. (604) 372-3233 or firstname.lastname@example.org