Would you like to teach abroad or in another province?
BCRPA registration – recognized and/or transferable internationally?
Did you know that your BCRPA registration is recognized and transferable internationally through their affiliation with the National Fitness Leadership Alliance (NFLA) of Canada and the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs)?
No other provincial fitness body offers this unique benefit. The NFLA develops and implements national standards for fitness professionals across Canada which BCRPA fitness leaders abide by. These standards are recognized internationally through ICREPS’s global partnership of 10 Confederation Member countries around the world.
BCRPA, its national NFLA affiliates and affiliated ICREPs members are all governed under the same standards for fitness registration and practice. This means that your BCRPA registration is not only recognized in BC, but is transferable across Canada and internationally.
For further information, have a look at the NFLA and ICREPs websites.
Reliability of Thoracic Spine Rotation Range-of-Motion Measurements in Healthy Adults
J Athl Train. 2012 Jan-Feb; 47(1): 52–60.
All techniques had good reliability and low levels of measurement error. The seated rotation, bar in front, and lumbar-locked rotation tests may be used reliably when more than 1 examiner is obtaining measurements (see below).
KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studio Christmas (Workout) Party 2017
- Wednesday December 13, 2017 (Cloverdale Location)
- 6:30-7:30pm – Group Workout (by Aaron)
- 7:30-9:00pm – Pot-Luck Dinner (served in back room)
We’d like you to come and join our Fitness-Christmas Party. Train the trainers – let’s boost each other! Followed by a meet and greet dinner / mingle.
If you are able to contribute a food item for the dinner, let us know, so we can coordinate. Hope to see you!
Please RSVP via email (email@example.com), phone (604-372-3233), face-to-face, or what ever works!
Annual Survey of Worldwide Fitness Trends
Definition of Trend: a general development or change in a situation or in the way that people are behaving.
After 6 weeks, 4,133 responses were received, which represents a return rate of 4%. Here is a link to the original journal article: LINK
What area(s) is your business focus on?
1. High-intensity interval training.
2. Group training.
3. Wearable technology.
4. Body weight training.
5. Strength training.
6. Educated, certified, and experienced fitness professionals.
8. Personal training.
9. Fitness programs for older adults.
10. Functional fitness.
Five ways to listen better. (Treasure, 2011). (7 minutes)
Summary of the video:
5 Ways to better listening”
- Silence – 3 minutes a day.
- The Mixer – (even in noisy environment) listen to how many channels of sound you are hearing
- Savoring – enjoying mundane sounds, eg tumble driver, is a waltz. The hidden choir.
- Listening positions – you can move your listening position to different places, depending on what you want to hear. Play with them as leavers.
- RASA – Sanskrit word for juice or essence. Receive, appreciate (oh, ah), summarize (so), ask questions.
- We retain 25% of what we hear
- Making meaning from sound
- Mental process of extraction
- Pattern recognition
- “Differencing” (pink noise, discount sounds that remain the same)
- Filters take us down to what we pay attention to, they keep our reality. Intention is very important to listening.
- Sounds places in space and time. If you close your eyes, you are aware, sound always has time embedded in it.
- Sonority is time and meaning.
- We are losing our listening. We invented ways of recording, writing, sound, video. World is so noise; cacophony going on; it is tiring to listen.
- We are becoming impatient. We are becoming desensitized. It is harder for us to pay attention to the quiet, the understated.
- Listening is our access to understanding.
- A world where we don’t listen to each other at all, is a very scary place indeed.
- Every human being needs to listen consciously, in order to live fully.
- Connected in space and time, in understanding, spirituality. We need to teach listening in our schools.
Create a world of connection, understanding, and a world of peace.