BCRPA Weight/Personal Training ICE Workshop (April 8, 2015) – Langley
Take your BCRPA certification to the next level!
Are you interested in obtaining your SFL (Senior Fitness Leader) or TFL (Trainer of Fitness Leaders) designation through BCRPA? This workshop is a pre-requisite for Supervisor/Trainer of Fitness Leaders applicants and worth 3 BCRPA renewal credits. No workout component. Lecture only. Please dress comfortably and bring note-taking materials.
We are hosting the pre-requisite course:
- Where: Fitness Unlimited, Langley
- Date: April 8, 2015 @ 6pm-9pm (must pre-register by April 2)
- Cost: Only $60 (no tax, paid directly to BCRPA)
- Course Conductor: Aaron Tews of KINESIOLOGISTS.CA
- BCRPA CEC’s: 3
With this designation, you would be able to:
- Perform ICE evaluations to verify the practical competence of new fitness leaders
- Present workshops in their area(s) of expertise and grant BCRPA CECs (continuing education credits)
Want to know more about the designation? Click this link to the BCRPA website description: http://www.bcrpa.bc.ca/fitness_program/registration/fitness_specialties/advanced_designations.htm#SFL
Click here to register: http://www.bcrpa.bc.ca/fitness_program/registration/documents/ICE-Workshop-RegForm-Updated-Feb2015-FillableForm.pdf
Thinking about starting a career in the health & fitness industry in 2015?
Would you like to be a certified and insured personal trainer, weight training leader, yoga instructor, aqua-fit instructor, group fitness instructor or bootamp instructor? You’ll want to take this course – BCRPA Fitness Theory Course.
We are offering the BCRPA* (provincially approved) first step course – Fitness Theory this January 2015 in Langley. This is a ‘fast track’ course for those who currently work full time – one FULL weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). There is a little pre-course reading and study so we can focus on learning the concepts of human physiology and anatomy. After completing this course, you will need to complete the provincial exam and then register with BCPRA. *BCRPA is the BC Recreation & Parks Association (see bcrpa.bc.ca).
- Date: January 23, 24 & 25, 2015
- Time: Friday (5pm-9pm), Saturday & Sunday (9am-6pm)
- Location: KINESIOLOGISTS.CA (located in Fitness Unlimited – 20501 Logan Ave, Langley)
- What to wear: Layers – as the temperature can vary. Gym gear not required.
- Course Fee: $359 (+ tax) = $376.95
- Presenter: Aaron Tews, B.Sc. Kinesiology
- To Register: email@example.com or 604-736-9858
- More info: kinesiologists.ca/wp/bcrpa-certification/2015-classroom-course-schedule/
We at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA pride ourselves on offering the highest quality courses in a very relaxed, learning-focused environment. We also have a very high ‘first time writing’ pass percentage for the BCRPA provincial exam. Have a look at what past student say about their experience with KINESIOLOGISTS.CA here: kinesiologists.ca/wp/bcrpa-certification/2015-classroom-course-schedule/
BONUS: Register for this course and receive access to our online PRACTICE EXAMS for FREE for 1 month ($59 value).
Powerful insight into strokes via TED Talk. Click to watch VIDEO
BCRPA Personal Training Course
Come and join us for the next final BCRPA Personal Training Course of 2014! This certification course in offered in Langley and is the final step in becoming a BCRPA certified Personal Trainer. The course will give you the tools to safely and confidently design personalized fitness programs for your clients.
UPDATE: ONLY 1 SPOT REMAINING
BCRPA Personal Training Course
- Dates: November 15-16 & 22-23 – 2014
- Time: Saturday and Sunday both weekends– 9am – 6pm (approx.).
- Location: Fitness Unlimited, Langley (20501 Logan Avenue)
- Cost: $499+GST
- There is lots of parking. If you don’t know the location of the building – plan to arrive a few minutes early so you won’t be rushed locating the building and room .
The course guides you through and covers the topics: anatomy, physiology, anatomical planes, practical application of lever principles, nutrition, the effects of medications and certain food, health screening, testing and evaluation, medical limitation, cardio respiratory program design, muscular strength and endurance program design, machines vs. free weights, postural analysis, stretching program design, adherence, motivation, counselling communication, legal issues and business administration.
This very thorough course will ensure you are comfortable training your clients.
The course will be held over 2 consecutive weekends in November. For more information, call 604-736-9858 or visit kinesiologists.ca
Here is a great article about 4 foods every man should avoid – because they are simply poisonous to us guys!
Cole’s Notes for Article:
1. Canned Food
2. Artificial Sweeteners (e.g. HFCS)
3. Artificial Flavourings (e.g. MSG)
4. Milk Alternative (specifically Soy Milk)
Click here for the full article: Food for Men to Avoid
Active Rehab Process and the Kinesiologist
A common question from many of our ICBC and private clients: “When do I need the service of a kinesiologist in the recovery process?” or “Tell me more about the active rehab process and the kinesiologist.”
This diagram should help!
Had a car accident or work accident and would like to begin active rehab, check us out – ICBC Claim or Private Rehab
Or call us at 604-736-9858 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.