Are you looking for a new challenge? Expand your professional credentials and take the leap from teaching clients to mentoring the next generation of fitness leaders. This is your opportunity to introduce passionate people like yourself to the world of fitness instructing.
The Instructor Competency Evaluation (ICE) Workshop is one of the requirements for those individuals who wish to obtain their Supervisor of Fitness Leaders (SFL) or Trainer of Fitness Leaders (TFL) designation.
Register for an upcoming ICE workshop today! View more information and access the registration form by clicking on the Workshop Name below. The fee for each course is $60 and is worth 3 CECs.
|ICE Workshop||Date & Time||Location||Instructor||Registration Deadline|
|Weight Training & Personal Training||Wed, March 30 @ 4 - 7 pm||Victoria (Crystal Pool)||Aaron Tews, BSc Kin||Thurs., March 17|
|Group Fitness||Thurs, March 31 @ 4 - 7 pm||Victoria (Crystal Pool)||Aaron Tews, BSc Kin||Thurs., March 17|
If you are unable to attend a scheduled workshop and are interested in attending an ICE Workshop, please contact the BCRPA office directly at 604.629.0965 and speak to the Receptionist or email email@example.com.
Read about all the requirements for becoming a SFL or TFL.
Fitness First Aid & Fitness CPR Courses
We at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA have partnered with Mark Kozlowski of Life Consultants to offer you the best Fitness First Aid & CPR course in the lower mainland for 2016! Classes are only $100+GST!
Click this link below to register: Fitness First Aid & CPR Course
Come GROW with us! KINESIOLOGISTS.CA (Infocus Wellness Inc. dba) is currently 2 studios with locations in Kitsilano and the Cloverdale/Surrey/Langley area. We are a progressive and growing company with a vibrant and active culture. After successfully opening our second location, we are looking to hire a part-time / contract kinesiologist with the possibility of expanding to full time.
All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for job posting: Job2016
Thinking about a career in the health & fitness industry?
Would you like to be a certified and insured personal trainer, weight training leader, yoga instructor, aqua-fit instructor, group fitness instructor or bootamp instructor? You’ll need to take this mandatory first course – BCRPA Fitness Theory Course.
We are offering the BCRPA* (provincially approved) first step course – Fitness Theory this month in Langley. This is a ‘fast track’ course for those who currently work full time – one FULL weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). There is a little pre-course reading and study so we can focus on learning the concepts of human physiology and anatomy. After completing this course, you will need to complete the provincial exam and then register with BCPRA. *BCRPA is the BC Recreation & Parks Association (see bcrpa.bc.ca).
- Date: January 22, 23, & 24, 2016
- Time: Friday (5pm-9pm), Saturday & Sunday (9am-6pm)
- Location: KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studio (Unit 103 17665 -66A Ave, Cloverdale)
- What to wear: Layers – as the temperature can vary. Gym gear not required.
- Course Fee: $359+GST (register before Jan 2) / $399+GST (register after Jan 3 2016)
- Presenter: Aaron Tews, B.Sc. Kinesiology
- To Register: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-372-3233
- More info: kinesiologists.ca/wp/bcrpa-certification/2016-classroom-course-schedule/
We at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA pride ourselves on offering the highest quality courses in a very relaxed, learning-focused environment. We also have a very high ‘first time writing’ pass percentage for the provincial exam. Have a look at what past student say about their experience with KINESIOLOGISTS.CA here: kinesiologists.ca/wp/bcrpa-certification/2015-classroom-course-schedule/
BONUS: Register for this course and receive access to our online PRACTICE EXAMS for FREE for up to 1 month ($69 value).
Independent Trainer Program at the KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studio (Cloverdale)
The wait is finally over – the opportunity for independent trainers to have a place to train their client’s without the hassle normally associated with big box gyms or recreation centres! Only a very limited number of trainers will have the opportunity to train their clients at our modern, private Cloverdale Studio. So, you had better sign-up for our Independent Trainer Program (ITP) before it is too late!
Our own 4 Station KINESIS Wall
KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studio (Cloverdale) is now offering personal trainers the opportunity to train clients without the worry and hassle about being a member or their client’s having to be a member of a specific gym!
Independent Training Program Highlights:
- Location: KINESIOLOGISTS.CA Studio (Cloverdale) only
- Cost: Singles ($10+GST) and Doubles ($18+GST). No minimum.
- Must complete interview progress where you will provide proof of certification.
- Call us today to get started – 604-372-3233
For more information about our Independent Trainer Program (ITP), check out this link: http://kinesiologists.ca/wp/independent-trainer-program
BCRPA Expired PT Certification (12-24 months)
It happened… You let your BCRPA Personal Training Certification expire. It has been between 12 to 24 months since you last registered and you know you have some work ahead of you. Well, we at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA can help!
QUESTION: So, what do I need to do to re-certify and get up to date again?
ANSWER: It is quite simple if you follow the steps below. All forms referred to can be clicked on and downloaded immediately.
Leaders must contact the BCRPA office to begin the renewal process and will need to complete the following three (3) sections.
We offer a package deal to complete the ICE evaluations marking (Step 2 & 3) for only $289+GST at our private Studios in either Cloverdale/Surrey or Kitsilano locations. Call (604-372-3233) or email (email@example.com) with questions.
1. General Requirements:
- Pay BCRPA a $75 late renewal fee
- Pay BCRPA the Fitness Program Membership Fee ($140 / 2 years)
- Obtain 16 CECs for fitness leaders
- Provide Proof of current CPR (minimum: CPR-A)
- Proof of current First Aid (minimum: Emergency or Standard First Aid)
2. Weight Training ICE requirements:
- Complete 5 scenarios programs
- Use FORM C2 (x5) (click to download). If you cannot remember how to complete the FORM C2, download a sample here (SAMPLE).
- Scenarios can be found on FORM E (click to download)
- For the practical portion bring a blank FORM D (click to download), but there is nothing on this form to complete in advance. At the practical session, you will be:
- Demonstrating the principles of a Warm Up (Section C).
- Demonstrating 10 exercises as listed (Section D).
3. Personal Training ICE requirements:
- For the Personal Training, choose ONE scenario (click HERE to download) to complete the following forms:
- Program Design – 2 phases:
- For the practical portion bring the following forms and be prepared to complete:
- FORM F – Part 1: Demonstrate the proper execution of a lower back/hamstrings flexibility test
- FORM F – Part 2: Know the 4 sites for the girth measurements and be prepared, with tape measure, to perform a girth measurement at a single site.
- FORM G – be prepared to demonstrate, from your program designed above, 3 exercises and 3 stretches.
- FORM H – this is the summary sign-off sheet and nothing is completed in advance.