Personal Training & Assessments
We are more than your ordinary personal trainers. Our certified kinesiologists and Personal Trainers have work experience and education from all over the world. The one thing that makes us special, above and beyond our education and our experience, are the people on our team. We have great people. Our trainers are inspiring, to us, and to you the client. We hold certification in the areas of Functional Movement Screening, Nutrition, Lifestyle Management, Sport Specific Training, Body Composition Assessing and Personalized Programming.
Depending on your personal health needs we will guide you towards a goal of Weight Loss, Postural Alignment, Increased Flexibility, improved Cardiovascular Fitness, Enhanced Athletic Performance, or Improved Muscular Power/Strength/Endurance.
|Personal Training Services||Fee||Purchase|
|Personal Training Session|
-must be used within 3 weeks of purchase
|Personal Training Package - 12 sessions @ 1 per week|
-1x per week (~$75 / session)
-max 14 week period to complete sessions
|Personal Training Package - 12 sessions @ 2 per week|
-2x per week (~$70 / session)
-max 7 week period to complete sessions
|Personal Training Package - 12 sessions @ 3 per week|
-3x per week (~$66 / session)
-max 5 week period to complete sessions
Body Fat Testing
KINESIOLOGISTS.CA offers the highly sought after Skinfold Clip Analysis body fat testing using Harpenden calipers.
Can’t lose fat despite working hard in the gym and eating a healthy diet? You will benefit from body fat testing.
- You may have a hormonal imbalance that is holding you back.
- Harness the power of your hormones to help you lose weight in specific areas.
- Discover your specific road map to fat loss.
- Lose fat in less time with less effort.
Why have a Skinfold Body Fat Analysis?
- Body fat analysis looks at the location of your body fat in order to determine your specific biological signature.
- The body stores fat in particular locations based on the internal chemistry of our hormones; for example, plenty of research has shown the correlation between abdominal fat and the level of our primary stress hormone, cortisol.
- The analysis can help determine your hormone profile by measuring how much fat you store in specific areas of the body. The areas the fat is stored dictates how you can lose fat based upon your unique profile in less time and less effort.
What is included in the skinfold analysis?
- Skinfold measurements at 10-12 specific sites.
- Accurate body fat percentage (using up to 8 different calculation methods).
- Analysis of personalized data (what are your problem sites and what does it mean).
- Informational handout of what you can do to fix the problem with food, supplements
- exercise and lifestyle practices.
|Body Fat Testing Services||Fee||Purchase|
|Skinfold Caliper Body Fat Test with Report||$69+tax|
|Skinfold Caliper Body Fat Test - RETEST||$49+tax|
|USKULPT Body Fat Test with Report||$69+tax|
|COMBO - Caliper & USKULPT Body Fat Test||$89+tax|
“A fitness assessment is the best way to objectively determine where your fitness level is currently and determine where you have improved.” – Aaron Tews
Do you consider yourself a dedicated exerciser or a couch potato? Whether you are in pursuit of superior physical fitness and optimal body mechanics or simply want to get started on a fitness program, an assessment or screen can help guide you to the next level of physical fitness.
The purpose of our Fitness Assessment Services is to determine where you are in your pursuit of being physical active, and then to make recommendations on how you can progress to the next level. Our assessment tools provide detailed results which are accurately determined by hands-on testing. Our assessment services will provide you with objective information from which to become deeply involved in the health and function of your body.
Full Fitness Assessment: This assessment covers all the key areas of good physical conditioning: cardiovascular (also known as aerobic) fitness, strength (which includes muscular power and endurance), body composition and flexibility. We also look at how often you exercise, whether or not you enjoy it, and what your favourite activities are. We give you a summary of how well you are doing in each of these key areas, followed by specific suggestions on improving where needed.
|Fitness Assessment Services||Fee||Purchase|
|Full Fitness Assessment with Report|
-1.5 hour session
-Includes Full Assessment Report
|Full Fitness Assessment with Report - RETEST|
-1 hour session
-Includes updated Assessment Report (prior results)
FMS – Functional Movement Screen
We, at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA, understand the benefit of the Functional Movement Screen. That why we are certified in the FMS protocol in Vancouver. The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is the product of an exercise philosophy
How it Works – Simplifying Movement
Put simply, the FMS is a ranking and grading system that documents movement patterns that are key to normal function. By screening these patterns, the FMS readily identifies functional limitations and asymmetries. These are issues that can reduce the effects of functional training and physical conditioning and distort body awareness.
The FMS generates the Functional Movement Screen Score, which is used to target problems and track progress. This scoring system is directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns.
Exercise professionals monitor the FMS score to track progress and to identify those exercises that will be most effective to restore proper movement and build strength in each individual.
What it Does – Widespread Benefits
The FMS simplifies the concept of movement and its impact on the body. Its streamlined system has benefits for everyone involved – individuals, exercise professionals, and physicians.
- Communication – The FMS utilizes simple language, making it easy for individuals, exercise professionals, and physicians to communicate clearly about progress and treatment.
- Evaluation – The screen effortlessly identifies asymmetries and limitations, diminishing the need for extensive testing and analysis.
- Standardization – The FMS creates a functional baseline to mark progress and provides a means to measure performance.
- Safety – The FMS quickly identifies dangerous movement patterns so that they can be addressed. It also indicates an individual’s readiness to perform exercise so that realistic goals can be set and achieved.
- Corrective Strategies – The FMS can be applied at any fitness level, simplifying corrective strategies of a wide array of movement issues. It identifies specific exercises based on individual FMS scores to instantly create customized treatment plans.
|FMS Assessment Services||Fee||Purchase|
|FMS Assessment with Report||$99+tax|
|FMS Assessment with Report - RETEST||$79+tax|