Private Insurance Active Rehab Services
KINESIOLOGISTS | Aaron Tews, BSc Kin
Following an initial assessment for our private insurance active rehab clients (see Intake Process below), an individualized program plan is developed. Each program is developed to consider both the nature of the injury and the occupational and leisure requirements of the individual. Each program will actively address balance, posture and stability limitations with educational, progressive exercise prescription that delivers the knowledge and techniques needed for the individual to reduce pain and restore standard of living to the best of their ability.
During exercise therapy sessions, clients will be taught to perform their program’s exercises independently of the Exercise Therapist. The number of sessions required to develop this independence will depend on the severity of injury. At discharge, the client is provided with exercises that address their posture, range of motion and strength requirements, furthering progress toward normal daily living.
In most cases we can bill directly to your Private Insurance company (Co-operators, Dejardans, etc.) with little or no maintenance fee. We do require certain information prior to your first session to ensure all is approved in advance, so please give us a call at 604-736-9858 to book an appointment.
Also, many company’s extended health care programs cover sessions with a kinesiologist.
Following an initial assessment, our recommendations are provided to the ICBC adjustor and/or Lawyer as to the number of session and plan of action for approval. Our initial assessment includes:
- Obtain background information on medical history and treatments since accident.
- Subjective measures including perceived limitations (OSWESTRY, Neck Disability Index), goals, work status, etc
- Pre-test screening (heart rate and blood pressure, weight, etc)
- Specific Movement Screens (several based upon FMS protocols)
- Various range of motion testing
- Quantitative measures including isometric strength, muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance.
Once the sessions are approved, an individualized program plan is developed. Each program is developed to consider both the nature of the injury and the occupational and leisure requirements of the individual. During exercise sessions, clients will be taught to perform their program’s exercises independently of the Kinesiologist. The number of sessions required to develop this independence will depend on the severity of injury.
- Intake Assessment – Summary Report ($145+tax)
- Interim Assessment – Summary Report ($85+tax)
- Discharge Assessment – Summary Report ($145+tax)
- Active Rehabilitation Session with Kinesiologist (~$75+tax)
Payment options (via PayPal):
|Intake Assessment - Verbal or email Summary Report||$125+tax|
|Intake Assessment - Full written Report||$195+tax|
|Interim Assessment - Verbal or email Summary Report||$95+tax|
|Discharge Assessment - Verbal or email Summary Report||$145+tax|
|Active Rehabilitation Session at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA||$75+tax / session|
|Facility Fee for ICBC session (paid by client)||$20+tax / session|
|Doctor/Lawyer/Health Professional Summary Report||$85+tax|
|Take Home Program (with photos)||$79+tax|