Position Title: Fitness Leaders/Various
Location: Minoru Centre, Richmond, BC
Shift: Flexible – weekends and evenings
Richmond Fitness & Wellness Association is accepting Expression of Interests for the following positions:
- Fitness Attendants – Provide excellent customer service to fitness centre patrons; supervise drop-in times for specific user groups (e.g. youth, older adults, cardiac rehab, etc.); conduct tours and orientations; provide fitness coaching and consultations; teach small group circuit classes; and maintain a clean and safe environment
- Personal Trainers – Use fitness knowledge to provide customized instructions and programs to motivate, inspire and coach patrons to meet their fitness and wellness goals (Personal Trainers must also have shifts as a Fitness Attendant)
- Group Fitness Instructors – Develop and lead fun and safe classes for diverse groups; bring enthusiasm for fitness, movement and music to empower patrons to pursue their fitness goals
- Aquafit Instructors – Develop and lead fun and safe classes for diverse groups in an aquatic environment; encourage and educate patrons on the benefits of aquatic fitness and meet diverse needs in a social and dynamic class
- Yoga/Pilates Instructors – Develop and lead fun and safe classes for diverse groups; engage with patrons to create experiences that encourage and support flexibility, strength and relaxation
- Specialty Fitness Instructors (e.g. older adult, TRX, special populations, etc.) – Develop and lead fun and safe classes for specialized groups; share your expertise on innovative new fitness trends and use research based practices to meet unique fitness and health needs
Fitness leaders must be registered with the BCRPAor a suitable equivalent in their respective area(s). Preference will be given to those with certifications and a desire to work in multiple areas. Shifts will vary in length with opportunities to combine roles for longer shifts (e.g. Fitness Attendant + Group Fitness)
Fitness Services are delivered in partnership with the City of Richmond and the Richmond Fitness & Wellness Association. All fitness leaders will be employees of Richmond Fitness & Wellness Association and may work at Minoru Centre for Active Living and/or Watermania.
How to Apply
Please submit an Expressions of Interest form www.yourminoru.ca/become-a-fitness-leader/
along with your resume to email@example.com or drop off at Minoru Aquatic Centre. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and kept on file till January 2019.
Select candidates will be contacted for an interview and audition leading up to the opening of Minoru Centre for Active Living. Please visit www.yourminoru.ca for the latest updates.