FMS – Functional Movement Screen
We, at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA, understand the benefit of the Functional Movement Screen. That why we are certified in the FMS protocol in Vancouver. The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is the product of an exercise philosophy
How it Works – Simplifying Movement
Put simply, the FMS is a ranking and grading system that documents movement patterns that are key to normal function. By screening these patterns, the FMS readily identifies functional limitations and asymmetries. These are issues that can reduce the effects of functional training and physical conditioning and distort body awareness.
The FMS generates the Functional Movement Screen Score, which is used to target problems and track progress. This scoring system is directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns.
Exercise professionals monitor the FMS score to track progress and to identify those exercises that will be most effective to restore proper movement and build strength in each individual.
What it Does – Widespread Benefits
The FMS simplifies the concept of movement and its impact on the body. Its streamlined system has benefits for everyone involved – individuals, exercise professionals, and physicians.
- Communication – The FMS utilizes simple language, making it easy for individuals, exercise professionals, and physicians to communicate clearly about progress and treatment.
- Evaluation – The screen effortlessly identifies asymmetries and limitations, diminishing the need for extensive testing and analysis.
- Standardization – The FMS creates a functional baseline to mark progress and provides a means to measure performance.
- Safety – The FMS quickly identifies dangerous movement patterns so that they can be addressed. It also indicates an individual’s readiness to perform exercise so that realistic goals can be set and achieved.
- Corrective Strategies – The FMS can be applied at any fitness level, simplifying corrective strategies of a wide array of movement issues. It identifies specific exercises based on individual FMS scores to instantly create customized treatment plans.
|FMS Assessment Services||Fee||Purchase|
|FMS Assessment with Report||$99+tax|
|FMS Assessment with Report - RETEST||$79+tax|