PART 1: Transferring Personal Training qualifications to BCRPA

PART 1: Transferring Personal Training qualifications to BCRPA

This is Part 1 of 3 regarding questions around transferring to BCRPA from other certifications.  This information is from the BCRPA directly.

bcrpaStart Point One: Trainer resides in Canada and has ACE PT, NSCA PT, etc wants to transfer qualifications to BCRPA has 2 steps.

  1. Complete the Personal Trainer – Instructor Competency Evaluation (PT-ICE) called the PT Transfer ICE.  This will include items, such The Fitness Registry and CEC requirements.
  2. Provide a 3-year work resume in the field of specialty with references. For example, if apply for a Qualification Transfer in January 2020 – then work resume must cover the period January 2017 to January 2020.  This is to deter applicants from Canada coming in the back door – for example, a student wishing to become PT could weigh the options and decide to that they could get an ACE PT certification quicker and cheaper than an BCRPA PT Certification, so why not do the ACE PT certification and then just transfer qualifications.  To require 3-years of work experience prior to the transfer request places a damper on getting the ACE PT and transferring it to BCRPA.

Transferring to the BCRPA can often be a daunting process, but we at KINESIOLOGISTS.CA are here to help  – and minimize the time, energy and cost to complete the process.  Call us for more information – (604) 372 – 3233.    -Aaron

This entry was posted in BCRPA Courses, KINESIOLOGISTS.CA, Trainer Question. Bookmark the permalink.